The « Fédération Française des Sports de Traîneau », of sk joëring and canicross (FFST) is a non profit association that organises and develops the sports in France since the 80’s.
With members and clubs spread into Régional Leagues and Department Committees, the FFST has the following missions:
- Help the promotion and the education through sport activities.
- Promote the access for everybody to physical and sport activities.
- Train educators, trainers, and club managers.
- Organise and train the judges for the different disciplines.
- Enforce the respect of technical and ethical rules of the sport.
- Deliver the tittles of French Champion in the diffrent disciplines of the sport.
The FFST manages the organisation of all the french national championships.
Officially agreed by the french ministry of sports, the FFST represents sled dog sports, le sk joëring, bikecross and canicross in the different official national and international organisations.
The FFST is represented in the french national olympic committe and is a member of IFSS.